Summary of Rental Conditions
This document contains a brief summary of the rental conditions. The full details of the rental contract applies. Rates quoted are in US dollars.
All Branches are closed on the following Public Holidays
- Easter Sunday - April 20 2014
- Memorial Day - May 26 2014
- Independence Day - July 2 2014
- Pioneer Day (SLC Only) - July 24 2014
- Labor Day (SLC Only) - August 30 2014
- Labor Day (SLC Only) - August 31 2014
- Labor Day - September 01 2014
- Thanksgiving Day - November 27 2014
- Christmas Eve - December 24 2014
- Christmas Day - December 25 2014
- New Years Eve - 31 December 2014
Due to heightened volumes of travel during holiday season it is recommended that customers avoid beginning or ending their motor home rental on the day immediately before or after a holiday date. Otherwise, customers may experience airline delays, increased road traffic and possible delays at rental office.
Location closing dates are subject to change.
Rental Operator continuously strives to provide our international guests with the best possible motor home product in the industry. To this end, they purchase units only from top RV manufacturers who make them to higher than average specifications. All motor homes are 100% walk through, equipped with a 110v generator, microwave over, CD player, and modestly branded. Motor Home Specifications
Motor home photos, drawings and floor plans provided are examples only. Sleeping capacities are recommendations only and do not mean like number of adults or full size teenagers can be accommodated comfortably within every unit of a size category. Features and amenities are representative and may be changed, added to or deleted without notice. Bed sizes vary from unit to unit within size categories and cannot be guaranteed. Specific floor plans or models will vary within a category and cannot be reserved or guaranteed.
SeatbeltsAll Drivers seats and Front passengers seats have seats belts and these should be worn whenever the vehicle is in motion. Manufacturers are not required by federal law to install seats belts in the living cabin of motorhomes; only in the Drivers seat and Front passengers seat. Therefore, we can neither confirm nor deny the present or number of seats belts in the living cabin. The Driver and Front Passenger seats always have 3-point (lap/shoulder) belts. Any other seat belts in the motorhome will be a 2-point (lap) belt.
Motor Home Lengths
Motor home lengths will vary within each size category. Specific floor plans, models or lengths cannot be reserved or guaranteed. Motor home category designations do not represent the exact length. For example, Class A Slide Out model FS31, lengths may range from 30 feet to over 32 feet.
Motor Home Availability
Not all motor home unit types will be available at all locations throughout the year.
Long Term Discounts
Long Term Discounts apply as follows -
- 25 to 30 nights - 5% off nightly rate
- 31+ nights - 7% off nightly rate
For rentals over 40 nights, customers may be required to accept charges for normal maintenance; examples include but are not limited to: Adding motor oil, transmission fluid or brake fluid; oil changes; tire rotation or tire replacement.
Starter Pac / Vehicle Preparation Fee
This is a mandatory charge, per rental unit which includes: 1st tank of propane, 1st charge of toilet chemicals & tissue, environmental impact fees, license fees, recycling fees and California / Nevada licensing fees.
The preparation fee is $185 vehicle at all locations.
The preparation fee with PAD (priority AM departure) option is $250 per vehicle at Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orlando, New York and San Francisco only.
Personal Convenience Kit
The Personal Convenience Kit includes the following: Blankets, Sheets, Pillows, Pillow Case, Bath Towel, Hand Towel, Wash Cloth, Dish Towel, Dinner Plate, Silverware, Coffee Cup, Saucer.
The Kitchen Kit includes the following: Water Pitcher, Pan Covers, Frying Pan, Potato Peeler, Strainer, Corkscrew, Dutch Oven, Bottle Opener, Kettle, Salad Bowls, 1 qt Sauce Pan, Platter, 4 pc. Cutlery, 2 qt Sauce Pan, Clothes Hangers, Trash Can, Mop, Bucket, Broom, Dust Pan.
- Kit items and quantities may vary by location. Items may be substituted without notice.
- Kit items are for rent and must be returned to rental locations.
- All motor home sizes are outfitted with a 110 Volt generator.
- The use of the generator is not required for normal vehicle operation. Customers will be charged either per rental night for unlimited use, or per hour as determined by a time meter. Charges payable at the counter.
- Prepaid generator charges upon vehicle return are non refundable.
- All-inclusive surcharge ……………………. .$85 per night (13 night minimum)
- Premier 2013 model guarantee ..………….$15 per night
- PAD (Priority AM Departure) ........................$65 per motor home
- Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI)…… .$10 per day (not available at IAD)
- Mexico Auto Liability Insurance (MALI)….....$22 per day
- Personal Kit (all locations) ………………….$50 per person
- Kitchen Kit (all locations) …………………....$125 per vehicle
- Generator Use …….…………………………$5 per night or $3 per hour
Other Options: Local payment only - NO guaranteed availability
- Toaster ………………………………………. $8 rental per motor home / trip
- Coffee machine ………………………..…….$10 rental per motor home / trip
- Folding chairs …………………………..……$12 rental each / trip
- GPS in multiple languages …………….…....$95 per trip
- Sun Pass Toll Lane Transponder …………...$6 per day (available in Florida only)
500 mile packs can be purchased at a cost of US$168 per pack. There is a seven night minimum rental with these packs. Additional miles will be charged at US$0.32 (excluding taxes) at the conclusion of rental.
Unlimited miles can be purchased at a cost of US$843.00 per rental. There is a 10 night minimum and 25 night maximum. Each additional night after 25 will incur a nightly cost of US$31.25.
A flat tax amount of 10.5% has been added to your prepaid amount (subject to change without notice).
For any optional extras or fees that are payable on pick up the applicable sales tax according to the state of pick up will be charged.
New Jersey State Rental Security
A mandatory charge of US$5 / night (maximum $140) for all pick ups at New York (NYC) station. Payable at counter. No exceptions.
Colorado State Rental Fee
A mandatory charge of US$2 / night for all pick ups at Denver (DEN) station. Payable at counter. No exceptions.
Mandatory $185 per vehicle - includes 1st tank of propane; toilet chemicals & tissue. Payable at counter. No exceptions.
VIP and Insurance Charges
- Vehicle Incident Protection (VIP) with $1,000 deductible (liability)...Included
- Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI)........$10 per day
- Mexico Auto Liability Insurance (MALI).........$22 per day
- All coverage and waivers are subject to the expressed terms and conditions of the rental contract signed by the client on pick up.
- In the event of an accident, renter and/or driver must disclose to Rental Operator any insurance coverage they may have.
- All insurance and/or coverage is void if renter operates the rental vehicle in violation of any federal or applicable state, province, local laws, rules, regulations or ordinances.
- This outline is not a complete description of the various coverage plans. The Rental Operator rental agreement contains the complete legal provisions of the plans.
- Insurance and coverage plans are subject to change without notice.
Rental Operator maintains insurance coverage for liability claims, property damage and/or personal injuries resulting from the operation of a vehicle. Rental Operator coverage provides third party legal limits to protect the renter and authorized drivers. Liability coverage is limited to the minimum financial limits determined by the US state or Canadian province in which the incident occurred. Claims in excess of the state or province limits may arise. These claims are the responsibility of the renter. Rental Operator assumes no responsibility for such liability claims unless the client has purchased the Supplemental Liability Insurance.
Vehicle Incident Protection (VIP)
Jurisdiction: USA and Canada
Cost: Included in nightly rate
- Rental Operator offers VIP coverage which is separate protection that reduced Renters financial responsibility for all physical damage to the Rental Vehicle to the applicable deductible of US$1,000. VIP is a contractual agreement between the Rental Operator and the Renter, wherein Rental Operator agrees not to collect more than the applicable deductible of US$1,000 per occurrence from Renter for damages to the Rental Vehicle, coverage is pursuant to the terms and conditions of the then applicable rental contract.
Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI)
Jurisdiction: USA and Canada
Cost: US$10 per night; no maximum amount
- Supplemental Liability Insurance provides excess auto liability insurance that protects the renter for the difference between the underlying insurance and up to US$1,000,000 against claims by a third party for bodily injury and/or damage sustained as a result of an accident while operating the Rental Operator rental vehicle.
- If the renter resides outside the United States and is covered by a foreign Liability Insurance Policy, the foreign Liability Insurance coverage will be excess / secondary over the SLI purchased pursuant to the rental contract.
Deductible: There is no deductible with the Supplemental Liability Insurance.
Exclusions: Include but are not limited to the following:
- Use of a rental vehicle in violation of the terms and conditions of the rental contract.
- Motor home or vehicle damage caused while driving under the influence of alcohol and/or narcotics.
- Accidents arising out of the use of a rental vehicle by an unauthorized driver.
- Renters liability for damage to the rented vehicle.
- SLI is not available at Washington.
Mexico Auto Liability Insurance (MALI)
Rental Operator Mexico Auto Liability Insurance is required protection which the renter must obtain from Rental Operator when renting an Rental Operator vehicle and will be traveling to Mexico. Being added to Rental Operators Mexico Auto Liability Insurance policy provides excellent coverage and eliminates the hassles of trying to obtain insurance at the border.
- A written permit from Rental Operator is required for border crossing.
- Rental Operators Mexico Auto Liability Insurance must be purchased at the rental counter.
- Client may purchase coverage only for the specific days that they will be in Mexico.
- There is no reimbursement for repairs or lost use incurred while the vehicle is in Mexico.
Jurisdiction: Mexico Auto Liability Insurance is only valid when traveling in Mexico and according to the laws of Mexico.
Cost: US$22 per calendar date that the vehicle will be in Mexico. No Maximum amount.
Coverage: This insurance provides coverage for physical damage to or total theft of the Rental Operator rental vehicle, third party liability and medical payments. Coverage also includes legal assistance to aid in the prevention of the driver from going to jail.
- Physical Damage - Limited to ACV (actual cash value) for collision, upset, overturn, etc
- Total Theft - Limited to ACV. Coverage excludes partial theft.
- Auto Liability - US$1,000,000 combined single limit for property damage & bodily injury.
- Medical Payments - US$3,000 per person and US$15,000 per accident.
- Legal Assistance - Included
- Physical Damage - The deductible for physical damage is 5% of the actual cash value of the RV, with a minimum deductible of US$1,000.
- Total Theft - The deductible for total theft is 10% of the actual cash value of the RV, with a minimum deductible of US$1,000. Coverage excludes partial theft.
- Auto Liability - No deductible.
- Medical Payments - No deductible.
- Legal Assistance - No deductible.
Exclusions: Included but are not limited to the following:
- Use of a rental vehicle in violation of the terms and conditions of the rental contract.
- Accidents which occur while renter is under the influence of alcohol and/or narcotics.
- Accidents arising out of the use of a rental vehicle by an unauthorized driver.
- Coverage excludes partial theft.
First Night Accommodation
- It is strongly recommended that clients spend their first night in the United States in a hotel.
- Transfers are restricted to hotels mentioned on the confirmation voucher.
- No refunds are given for self-transfer.
- No transfers are provided for same day flight arrivals.
- Complimentary shuttle transfers are available at Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orlando, New York, San Francisco and Bellingham offices.
- PAD (Priority AM Departure) transfers are available at Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orlando, New York and San Francisco offices. PAD Fee applies.
- Transfers to or from rental station may be subject to restrictions or limitations beyond Rental Operators control. In such circumstances transfers my be the financial and logistical responsibility of the renter.
- Contact Number: Client must call 1-800-367-6507 no later than 9am the morning of motor home takeover to schedule pick up time and confirm hotel entrance. Under no circumstances should clients arrive unannounced.
- Toll Free Transfer Telephone numbers are area code directed.Customers must use a land based telephone (hotel, car rental, pay phone etc) in order to be directed to the correct pick up location. Cell phone users must use the direct telephone numbers for each location. Clients using a cell phone to call Rental Operators toll-free number while in New York, for example, for a pick up the next day in Orlando would be connected to the New York station.
Motor Home Takeover and Return Policies
- Takeover Time: After 1.00pm. Subject to vehicle readiness.
- Even though clients may be picked up or arrive earlier on their own (except PAD).
- Latest motor home takeover time is 1 hour before stations official closing time
- Day of Departure: No refund if client picks up later than the booked day of departure.
- Return Time: Between 8:00am-11:00am
- A US$50+ per hour penalty will be charged for returns after 11:00am without prior authorization from rental station.
- Clients with an early flight must make prior arrangements with rental station for possible earlier transfer to airport. Clients may have to return by 11:00am a day early to obtain courtesy shuttle, or arrange other means of transportation. No refunds for early return.
- No refund for any reason if rental is terminated by clients before the scheduled return date.
- Renter (contract signer) must be at least 21 years of age and in possession of valid identification (drivers license and passport, etc).
- Additional drivers must be present at pick up of the rental vehicle and sign the rental agreement. There is no charge for additional drivers.
- Authorized drivers must be at least 21 years of age with a valid drivers license and identification, and be listed on the rental agreement. An International Drivers License is recommended, though not required.
- A major credit card such as Visa, MasterCard, Amex (no ATM/Debit Cards such as EuroCard) with available credit is required for the Security Deposit and all charges paid at the counter. Cash or Travellers Cheques are not acepted The credit card must be issued to the signer or co-signer of the contract.
International Address Requirement
- Rental Operator 2014 International Rental Program and rates are designated exclusively for non-domestic clientele, ie for those clients living outside of the United States and have no US address.
- Rental Operator reserves the right not accept bookings from clients residing within the United States even though they may have reserved through an international wholesaler.
- Rental Operator reserves the right to rebook clients residing within the United States using standard domestic rates and conditions.
- It is the responsibility of the renter to identify their residency at time of booking.
A US$1,000 security deposit is required at the time of departure. It is a requirement that the deposit be guaranteed by a major credit card such as Visa, MasterCard, Amex with sufficient credit balance to cover this amount. No ATM/debit cards such as EuroCard are accepted. The security deposit of US$1,000 may be charged on the customers credit card on pick up, then refunded upon return provided that the rental vehicle is returned clean inside, undamaged and on time. The US$1,000 may take up to 8 weeks to be credited back to the customers credit card. Currency conversion fees are the clients responsibility. Cash or Travellers Cheques are not accepted.
Clients will receive a full orientation of their motor home, including clients maintenance and use responsibility. Orientation consists of a video in English, German, Spanish or Japanese introducing the general concepts of motor home use and safety tips, as well as a personal walk-around of motor home with the client by a qualified instructor.
Operator manuals are provided for clients to take with them in English and German. Additionally, clients receive from the rental station a regional campground directory and location map with directions to nearest supermarkets and gas stations.
- Luggage storage is available on a limited basis at the following locations: Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orlando, New York City, San Francisco & Bellingham/Vancouver. No guarantee of luggage storage is made for: Atlanta, Boston, Denver, Washington, Miami, Chicago, Phoenix, San Diego & Salt Lake City.
- To facilitate the pick up and drop off procedures, it is recommended that clients carry their luggage in their vehicle. Soft-sided or collapsible bags are best for storage.
- Luggage storage is at the clients own risk and is not available for one way rentals.
- Luggage capacity of courtesy shuttle is limited and may require clients with excess luggage or over-sized items to store and later retrieve them from their hotel.
- Pets are allowed. Client is responsible for all damage and may be surcharged for special cleaning.
Rental Operator is not responsible for items left in the motor home after clients return and reserves the right to donate or dispose of them as it sees fit. Left items cannot be mailed to client.
Maintenance & Use Responsibility
Client is responsible for routine maintenance while traveling (check coolant, oil, tire pressure, etc), as well as immediately reporting mechanical failures. Clients may be held responsible for mechanical damage due to negligence of operation and/or performing normal maintenance. Tools for vehicle repair and tire change are not provided since clients are not authorized to make repairs.
Reimbursements & Refunds
Rental Operator operates one of the newest fleets in the industry. Yet as motor homes are mechanical devices they may occasionally develop problems.
- Refunds for Mechanical Problems: In the event of a mechanical problem requiring repair under US$75, clients will be reimbursed upon presentation of receipts and any replaced parts. For needed repairs over US$75 clients mustcall El Monte RVs Roadside Assistance department for prior authorization. A toll free number is provided for assistance with problems, questions etc 1-800-367-4707.
- Left Items: in the unlikely event that items are missing from kitchen or personal kits, or for example client needs an additional blanket, or client needs to replace an item for the motor home such as a water hose, sewer hose etc, the client may purchase these items without prior approval and be refunded at return upon presentation of valid receipts, provided they do not total more than US$75.
- Breakdowns: In the event of a mechanical breakdown requiring the vehicle to be in repair for more than 12 hours, Rental Operator will refund lost use rental charges only. Rental Operators maximum liability shall be for the refund of nightly rental charges or fractions thereof. No claims for rental car, hotel, telephone etc, will be accepted.
- Accompanying Vehicles: Accompanying vehicles are not eligible for compensation.
- Travel Agent Assistance: Contacting ones travel agency or tour operator will have no effect on the availability and/or speed of vehicle towing, repair and/or replacement and no compensation of any kind will be given for communication costs incurred. Clients should be instructed by their travel agency/tour operator to coordinate the repair efforts with Rental Operator Roadside Assistance and to discuss compensation with the staff at the rental counter.
- Non-essential Items: Radio, air-conditioning, refrigeration, generator, microwave, appliances, automatic step and cruise control, are not considered mechanical breakdown.
- Client Complaints: Client refund or reimbursement requests must be received in writing with all supporting documentation no later than 45 days after rental return to be eligible for compensation consideration. El Monte RV reserves the right to take up to 60 days after receipt of the complaint to investigate and answer.
- Roadside Contact Requirement: In order to be eligible for a lost use refund client must have contacted El Monte RVs Roadside Assistance department during their rental period and must have followed Roadsides instructions, self-helps tips, and/or recommendations for repair.
- Deductible: Clients will be charged US$1,000 deductible...per incident... for damage to motor home.Clients will be charged US$5,000... per incident... for overhead damage and undercarriage damage including entry step, tires & wheels.
- Loss of Rental: Clients will be charged for loss of use fees for companys lost revenue, up to the amount of the deductible, based on estimated time of motor home repair.
On-The-Road Vehicle Support
- Roadside Assistance: 1-800-367-4707. Open every day during business hours and most holidays and extended hours in peak season.
- In order to be eligible for a lost-use refund, client must have contacted Rental Operators Roadside Assistance department during their rental period and must have followed Roadsides instructions, self-help tips, and/or recommendations for repair.
- Roadside Assistance is a courtesy service provided by Rental Operator for our customers. They are not authorized to determine refunds. Any refund consideration can only be made by the return location manager.
- Under certain circumstances a replacement vehicle may be provided to the client. Rental Operator, at it sole discretion, reserves the right to determine if, where and when a vehicle exchange will take place.
- IN the event of an accident involving a rental vehicle, no matter who was at fault, Rental Operator reserves the right to determine if, where and when a vehicle exchange will take place.
- Under most circumstances, if client for any reason was at fault in causing incapacitation of their motor home they will be required to pay the costs incurred in delivering a replacement unit to them as well as any damage deductible up to US$5,000.
- Should clients violate the terms and conditions by driving intoxicated, under the use of drugs, or should they fall asleep at the wheel or drive negligently the US$5,000 deductible is voided and the customer will be responsible for all costs involved in replacing, towing and repairing of damaged motor home. Clients financial responsibility includes but is not limited to the rental vehicle. Clients may be charged lost use for the time needed for recovery and/or repair.
- Clients are restricted from traveling to certain regions due to road conditions, extreme weather, acts of God, security alerts and/or availability of support. Restrictions are subject to change without notice and are determined solely by Rental Operator.
- Clients are responsible for knowing and following the travel restrictions and for informing themselves of possible changing conditions.
- Rental Operator, to best of its ability, will provide clients with as much information at time of pick up as possible but is not liable for any delays or detours clients may encounter.
- Violation of these travel restrictions voids insurance and coverage option under the terms and conditions of the rental contract.
- Please note the following restrictions:
- Off Road: Travel on non-public, unpaved and/or logging roads is not permitted at any time.
- Death Valley: Traveling in or traversing Death Valley is not permitted in July and August. In May, June and September travel is permitted, however, the customer is fully responsible for all mechanical problems and/or towing or vehicle recovery costs. Ground temperatures can reach 140*F or 60*C.During July / August clients may be required on pick up to sign and acknowledge these restrictions.
- Mexico: Travel is permitted at clients own risk and only with the purchase of Rental Operators Mexico Auto Liability Insurance (MALI), available at all southwest locations. However, there is no reimbursement for repairs, lost use or deductibles for damage when in Mexico.
- New York City / Manhattan: Travel is not permitted.
- Alaska / Northern Canada: Travel is permitted at clients own risk. However, there is no reimbursement for repairs or lost use.
- Winter: Travel during winter months is permitted. However, clients are responsible for any damage due to systems freezing due to cold weather. As a precautionary measure, water may be replaced by anti-freeze to prevent water systems from freezing. Customers must plan on using bottled water and may be charge a de-winterization fee if water systems are used. Special instructions may be given at the rental counter. Freezing conditions may occur in Spring and Fall at higher elevations and should be anticipated and precautionary measures are taken.
- Summer: Travel in summer months and/or in extreme temperatures can strain motor home systems such as roof and dash air conditioners, generator and refrigerator. Rental Operator maintains its motor home fleet to accommodate all weather conditions; however, clients should be made aware that performance of motor home systems under extreme conditions cannot be guaranteed. Roof A/C units will only cool the interior of the motor home up to a maximum of 20 degrees cooler than the outside temperature.
- Ontario / Quebec: Due to the increased incidence of theft, motor homes are not allowed to be left unattended within the cities of Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec City. It is recommended leaving the motor home parked at a campground and use a taxi or public transportation. Details available at pick up location. Clients planning on traveling in these areas must inform rental station prior to departure.
Traffic Tickets and Citations
- Client is responsible for all traffic tickets and citations incurred during the rental period.
- Client may either pay for the ticket themselves, or opt to hand the ticket over upon return to the rental office for processing and payment. In addition to the ticket amount clients will be charged a US$25 administrative processing fee.
- In the event of customer non-payment or failure to turn over any ticket to Rental Operator, clients are responsible for the ticket amount plus late penalties. Additionally, clients may be charged up to US$250 for increased administrative processing.
- Fuel costs are clients responsibility. Gasoline tanks are generally full at pick up and must be returned full or the difference will be estimated and the clients charged; or if not full the gasoline tank must be returned at the same level or the difference will be estimated and the clients charged.
- No claims are accepted as to fuel consumption.
- No claims are accepted as to fuel consumption if client is upgraded to larger unit.
- Fuel consumption will vary according to where and how a vehicle is driven.
- Every effort is made to provide clients with the model reserved. However, Rental Operator reserves the right to substitute models which are similar, higher rated; or longer as necessary; ie a Class A vehicle may be substituted for a cab-over Class C model; a C28 may be substituted for a C22.
- No refunds for any reason (such as increased fuel consumption, ferry charges, campground fees, etc) will be given due to increased length or size of motor home substituted.
- Should a smaller or lower rated vehicle be offered and accepted, liability will be limited to a refund of the price difference between the model booked and paid for and the model received at the time the booking was made. No refund will be given should a smaller or lower rated vehicle be requested by the client.
- No claims as to vehicle year will be considered unless clients have paid for and received a premier unit. Should a premier mode not be available El Monte RV will be liable only for refund of the difference between the Premier and standard unit of similar type and length.
- Clients should take into consideration a larger unit may be substituted when pre-booking campgrounds.
- Clients should automatically reserve the next larger motor home length when making ferry reservations.
The cancellation must be notified in writing and the day of receipt of the cancellation is the date the cancellation fee is calculated on the greater of the following -
- 20% of the total rental cost
- 44 to 16 calendar days prior to rental date - $450
- 15 to 1 calendar days prior to rental dates - $800
- Departure Day and No Show - Full Rental*
- One-way rentals - $200 (in addition to applicable fee)
* A client who declines vehicle at departure is classified as Departure Day and not eligible for any refund.
Please Note: Any refunds may take up to 3 weeks to process.
Amendments are charged at a rate of US$50 per change. This applies but is not limited to changing the client name, vehicle type, reducing the number of rental days, changing the pickup dates or locations.
If the amendment results in changing the vehicle brand your deposit is not transferable.